The Center offers an engaging online interactive course of the Russian language and culture for intermediate and advanced students — “Russia On Air”.
The course is designed to help learners gain an expanded view of contemporary Russia through Russian mass media. It develops the skills needed to understand and interpret a variety of Russian mass media, including TV, newspapers and magazines, and other means of public communication.
Lessons are organized into thematic blocks “Politics”, “Economy”, “Society” and “Culture”. Each block may be studied independently. The course quickly enables students to discuss these burning topics.
The course features individual work as well as work in groups for both on-campus and off-campus activities.
The course comes equipped with a patient and caring instructor, lively discussions with fellow students, and plenty of practical information. It is highly useful for those who are preparing for certificate examination (upper levels), or engaged in translation and interpreting; for teachers of Russian as a foreign language; for everyone who is interested in various aspects of life in modern Russia.
With the help of the course “Russia On Air” you will be able to:
• broaden your knowledge of contemporary Russia;
• become accustomed to authentic Russian speech;
• get familiar with the Russian Media discourse;
• understand Russian TV news programs (notably news of “Politics”, “Economics”, “Society” and “Culture”);
• expand your vocabulary;
• perfect your writing skills in Russian by producing summaries of the news stories that you have watched;
• use the material of the course for designing your own projects;
• prepare for Russian Language Certification tests (B-1, B-2, C-1 according to European Language Portfolio);
• take charge of your learning the Russian language and organize it in a way that is most suitable for you.